UIL High School High Schools
West Results – 1,1,2 – 1,1,1 – Sweepstakes Award! This one is a bit more special as this is THE FIRST Sweepstakes Award for West High School Choir!
East Mixed Choir Results – 1,1,2 – 1,1,1 – Sweepstakes Award!
East Non-Varsity Treble Results – 2,2,2 – 2,2,2
Theatre One Act Play Results – East & West OAP student awards
- All Star Acting Awards: Olivia Carroll, McKaylah Lopez, Emily Hausemann, Austin Johnson
- All Star Crew: Angela Winn.
- Honorable Mention Acting: Jane Reynolds, Joey Ocha, Calder Meis & Hope Allison
Congratulations to East OAP for Advancing to the next level of competition!
Performance order of UIL District 30AAAAA One Act play contest on THURSDAY, April 2nd at Gregory-Portland – Plays begin at 4pm
- FLOUR BLUFF – “Chemical Imbalance: a Jekyll and Hyde Play”
- ALICE – ” Maelstrom”
- VICTORIA EAST – “don’t u love me”
- GREGORY-PORTLAND – “The Taming of the Shrew”
- TULOSO-MIDWAY – “These Shining Lives”
- CALALLEN – “Anatomy of Gray”
Texas A&M Kingsville Jazz Festival
Results – This weekend, our fine musicians from the VEHS Jazz Band traveled to Kingsville, TX to be apart of the 48th Annual Texas A&M University-Kingsville Jazz Festival. The two day event brought in nearly 30 bands from across the state, all with one thing in common – a love for jazz.
Victoria East received a Superior Rating, as well as 2nd place overall in class 5A competition.
The students were also treated to a fantastic clinic and concert by professional musician and world renowned jazz artist, Gordon Goodwin. Congratulations to these students on their success!
Carlos Gonzalez – Assistant Director of Bands – Victoria East HS